Book by our John Silkestone

Post a short story or two.

Moderator: wilmots

Book by our John Silkestone

Postby Colin » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:20 am

Our John Silkestone of Gainsborough has just had his book about army life published,
"YOU TWO! FALL IN - IN THREE RANKS"

I have just downloaded the Ebook version, for only £4.82, and have read the first couple of pages. Very amusing and looks well worth reading, you can buy it online from :- http://www.lulu.com/browse/book_view.ph ... fBuyItem=3

Well done John.
Colin ho
Colin
Royal Poet

Postby John A Silkstone » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:51 pm

Thank you Colin for taking the time to buy and read my book

You'll find from reading the book that I'm probably a few marbles short. Not to worry though, it all makes life interesting.

Silky
Though retired, I'm still working as an editor for a poetry/short story magazine.
John A Silkstone
Royal Poet

Postby John A Silkstone » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:16 am

Hi everybody,

My book of Army anecdotes titled ˜You Two ! Fall In !, In Three Ranks !™ can now be found on Amazon.com - go to books and type JOHN SILKSTONE in the search space and it will show you the front cover. What amazes me is that five of the seller are selling the book for less than I can get it from the publisher and one is even as low as £1.95.

Have you had a book published? If so, tell us about it and where we can get a copy.

Also for your information, there is a new free community site where you even get paid for joining and communicating with others on the site. It's only been going two weeks and its world wide and growing at an alarming pace, if you wish to have a look go to http://www.yuwie.com/yuwie.asp?r=8830

Silky
Though retired, I'm still working as an editor for a poetry/short story magazine.
John A Silkstone
Royal Poet

Re: Book by our John Silkestone

Postby GrimDad » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:04 am

Hi John,

Hope your book and other writing is going well.

Have you read any of another local published writer Cara Louise from Cleethorpes. She has written mostly in the Magic/Myths genre for children aged 8-12 - local Harry Potter stuff ?! She has mostly published on CD to read on your computer, but also one as a printed paperback. Cara also has one adult novel published called Betrayed, and you can buy from her website - www.caralouisebooks.com

On promoting a book or any other product - if you have or sign up for a Google account, then you can put your products on Google Products or Google Shopping FREE. Best if you do the product title and description carefully to suit Google searches - eg include the words 'book', 'sci-fi', 'magic' if appropriate to your product. And you need to update your listing monthly ! Your book may then also come top of normal Google search also !
GrimDad hey
GrimDad
Royal Poet

Re: Book by our John Silkestone

Postby Adam » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:46 pm

:crazy:
Your last comment could be useful Grimdad.
I have also noticed that this site's Grimsby Poets Corner section has expanded its advice on self-publishing.
It does now note LULU as an option, which John seems to have used for publishing his book.
:crazy:
Adam, champion.
Adam
Royal Poet

Return to Short Stories